Fundraising Professionals of the Year Look Back: The 2007 Award Winners
[Editor's note: The submission period for the 2014 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards is now open, with the winners announced in the February issue of FundRaising Success. Leading up to the awards, FS will highlight past winners.]
In 2007, the annual FundRaising Success Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards tweaked the categories to include Fundraising Professional of the Year, Lifetime Achievement (30+ years in fundraising), Top Women, Top Men and Rising Stars (five years or fewer in fundraising).
The nominees included names you know and just as many that you don’t, old pros and young guns, shining stars and those who toil just out of the warm glow of the spotlight. In general, the judges looked for people who have accomplished things — either in one fell swoop or over the course of a career — that either enrich the sector in one way or another, or embody important trends in fundraising.
Please join us in congratulating the winners, as well as thanking them for their hard work and dedication. And if you think we missed someone, make a note for next year and be sure to nominate him or her.
To nominate a peer, colleague, co-worker, employee, staff member, volunteer, client or agency partner for the 2014 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards, just send an e-mail to email@example.com with "FOTY nomination" in the subject line, and include the following information:
- Nominee's name, organization, title and e-mail address
- Your contact information
- A photo of the nominee, if possible
- Category of nomination
- Explanation of why you are nominating this person (500 to 1,000 words)
This year's categories are:
- Lifetime Achievement — For a body of work over the course of 30+ years
- Fundraising Professional of the Year — For specific fundraising achievements in 2013
- Fundraising Stars — For a body of work, a compelling project or special circumstance, an overall attitude or approach, etc.
- Rising Stars — Up-and-comers with fewer than five years in the sector
- Live It! Award — For fundraisers who champion causes and support philanthropy in their personal lives
- Best Fundraising Blog
- Best Industry Speaker
There's no fee to make a nomination, and the nomination deadline is Jan. 13, 2014.