Fundraising Professionals of the Year Look Back: 2011 Fundraising Stars
[Editor's note: The submission period for the 2014 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards end on Monday, Jan. 13, with the winners announced in the February issue of FundRaising Success. Leading up to the awards, FS will highlight past winners.]
For the 2011 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards, FundRaising Success honored six fundraisers as Fundraising Stars for their tremendous fundraising accomplishments in 2010. The 2011 Fundraising Stars were Rebecca Corbin, executive director of the Burlington County College Foundation; Molly Deurr, associate director of the American Diabetes Association/Minneapolis; Margaux Pagan, then executive assistant to the vice president of development at the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews and now director of strategic fundraising at DonorFuse; Pat Roberts, vice president for development and alumni relations at Hiram College; Jeff Sprinkle, chief philanthropy office at the Y of Central Maryland; and Krisin (Tripoli) Aiken, director of development at All Saints' Academy.
And that reminds me — the deadline for the 2014 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards is just a few days away! All nominations must be in by Monday!
To nominate a peer, colleague, co-worker, employee, staff member, volunteer, client or agency partner for the 2014 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards, just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "FOTY nomination" in the subject line, and include the following information:
- Nominee's name, organization, title and e-mail address
- Your contact information
- A photo of the nominee, if possible
- Category of nomination
- Explanation of why you are nominating this person (500 to 1,000 words)
This year's categories are:
- Lifetime Achievement — For a body of work over the course of 30+ years
- Fundraising Professional of the Year — For specific fundraising achievements in 2013
- Fundraising Stars — For a body of work, a compelling project or special circumstance, an overall attitude or approach, etc.
- Rising Stars — Up-and-comers with fewer than five years in the sector
- Live It! Award — For fundraisers who champion causes and support philanthropy in their personal lives
- Best Fundraising Blog
- Best Industry Speaker
There's no fee to make a nomination, and the nomination deadline is Jan. 13, 2014.