Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards Nominations Due Monday!
Now that you're back from the holiday break and ready to embark on 2013, it's the perfect time to reflect on the accomplishments from the past year (and longer) by your fundraising peers. With that in mind, the deadline for the 2013 FundRaising Success Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards is fast-approaching.
The deadline is Monday, Jan. 7. Nominating someone is easy: Simply send an e-mail to FS Editor-in-Chief Margaret Battistelli Gardner with the subject line, "FOTY Nominations." There's no fee to make a nomination. Winners will be announced in the February issue.
Here are more details and guidelines that Margaret laid out last month:
- Lifetime Achievement — Based on a body of work over the course of 30+ years.
- Fundraising Professional of the Year — Based on specific fundraising achievements in 2012.
- Fundraising Stars — Based on a body of work, a compelling project or special circumstance, an overall attitude or approach, etc.
- Rising Stars — Up-and-comers with fewer than five years in the sector.
- (NEW!) Live It Award — Fundraisers who embody the spirit of giving in their lives as well as their work.
- (NEW) This year, we're also looking for suggestion for Best Fundraising Blog or Blogger; Best Fundraising Conference; and Best Speaker on the Conference Circuit.
What to include
- Nominee's name, title, and organization or company
- Category of nomination
- Reason for the nomination (300 to 1,000 words)
- Your name, title, organization or company
- A headshot of the nominee if possible
Now that 2013 is here, give your colleagues, friends and co-workers the recognition they deserve. Get those nominations in today!