Engage Virtual Workshop: A Conversation With the ALS Association
In the fundraising world, this was the summer of the Ice Bucket Challenge. By now, everyone knows the numbers: more than $115 million raised for the ALS Association, millions of donors and the largest peer-to-peer fundraising campaign in recent memory.
Last month, the ALS Association announced its initial commitment of $21.7 million from the Ice Bucket Challenge donations to fund six programs to expedite search for treatments and a cure to ALS. And with the dust finally settled and the outpouring of generosity tied to the challenge slowing down, the ALS Association has some lessons to share when such an unexpected influx of funds — triggered by a campaign that ALSA had no part in starting — comes flying in.
In an exciting, two-part webinar series we here at FundRaising Success are hosting in partnership with Blackbaud and Charity Dynamics, the ALS Association is providing an exclusive, inside look at what happened this summer and what has happened since the Ice Bucket Challenge.
In Part 1, ALSA will talk about:
- what happened internally when ALSA figured out just how big the Ice Bucket Challenge was;
- how the organization will engage, convert and retain the donors who gave as a result of the challenge; and
- what the new normal is for ALSA and what it means for the future.
In Part 2, ALSA will share:
- the importance of peer-to-peer fundraising in a grassroots environment;
- how it saw peer-to-peer fundraising used successfully during the Ice Bucket Challenge; and
- strategies to recruit and engage participants into your peer-to-peer program.
Part 1 takes place Nov. 12 at 2 p.m. EST, and Part 2 is Nov. 18 at 2 p.m. EST. Register today to gain insider insights from the biggest peer-to-peer fundraiser of the year, and learn what your organization can take away from this unexpectedly huge success for the ALS Association.