Come Navigate Off the Napkin!
Let me warn you — if the words "experience" and "relationships" make you roll your eyes or make you uncomfortable, consider this a personal, special invitation for you to not just read the blog but participate with me and provide your point of view through comments and even through being a guest author. This blog is not going to be completely comfortable for everyone — but it is going to bring up topics that must be talked about. Here's a laundry list for the next few weeks:
- Is Acquisition a Crutch to Not Focus on Retaining Donors?
- Do You Like to Say "Integration" but You Really Market in a Silo?
- Are We Maybe, Possibly, Kind of Afraid to Know How Loyal and Satisfied Our Donors Are?
- Direct Marketing & Integration — Stop the Excuses!
- Social Media & Relationship Building May Not Mean Money — and That's OK!
- Are We Focused on the Wrong Metrics for the Long Run?
- Do We Really Know What Our Donors Want (and Don't Want)?
- Guess What? "Are We Mailing Too Much?" Is the Wrong Question!
- Culture Is Not a "Bad" Word — but Bad Culture Has to Be Changed!
- Is It Possible, as Fundraisers, We Are Part of Our Own Problem?
- If Our Agencies Are Comfortable, That's a Problem! Innovation = Discomfort
Every week we're going to talk about critical issues for the industry and how we change things. This is less about daily thoughts and more about weekly dialogues, examples from across the industry and feedback. Big ideas, big change, big challenges — let's start Navigating Off the Napkin and drive more action.
Vice President, Strategy & Development
Eleventy Marketing Group
Angie is ridiculously passionate about EVERYTHING she’s involved in — including the future and success of our nonprofit industry.
Angie is a senior exec with 25 years of experience in direct and relationship marketing. She is a C-suite consultant with experience over the years at both nonprofits and agencies. She currently leads strategy and development for marketing intelligence agency Eleventy Marketing Group. Previously she has worked at the innovative startup DonorVoice and as general manager of Merkle’s Nonprofit Group, as well as serving as that firm’s CRM officer charged with driving change within the industry. She also spent more 14 years leading the marketing, fundraising and CRM areas for two nationwide charities, The Arthritis Foundation and the American Cancer Society. Angie is a thought leader in the industry and is frequent speaker at events, and author of articles and whitepapers on the nonprofit industry. She also has received recognition for innovation and influence over the years.