7 Tips for Successful Multichannel Fundraising Campaigns
At the 2012 Bridge to Integrated Marketing and Fundraising Conference held earlier this month in National Harbor, Md., three fundraising professionals ran an hour-long boot camp on multichannel and omnichannel creative strategies.
In their session, “Creative Across Channels — 60-Minute Bootcamp,” Moira Kavanagh Crosby, president and founder of MKDM; Chris Helfrich, director of the United Nations Foundation’s Nothing But Nets Campaign; and Dennis Lonergan, president of Eidolon Communications, provided these seven tips for a successful multichannel fundraising campaign.
- What you say and how you say it depends on the channel.
- Different channels produce different types of results and serve different purposes.
- Multichannel means multipart over a period of time.
- Developing messages that work well across channels means working well across department — multichannel vs. omnichannel.
- Build your understanding of how your donors use the channels by using them yourself.
- Create space for new ideas.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.