3 Ways to Improve Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events With Facebook
The social aspect of peer-to-peer fundraising is a big draw for both volunteer fundraisers and organizations alike. Naturally, that makes social media a perfect tool for peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
In its whitepaper, "Fundraising With Facebook," online fundraising solutions provider Artez Interactive examined how peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns were affected when event participants using the Artez platform were given the option to share their fundraising pages on Facebook or register for event with Facebook.
As it turns out, Facebook had a noticeably positive effect on peer-to-peer fundraising, driving donations and visits to the peer-to-peer site:
- 14 percent of all donation and fundraising pages on the Artez platform come from Facebook alone.
- On average, 15 percent to 18 percent of peer-to-peer donations are referred from Facebook.
- Allowing social login — which allows a user to register for a website using an existing social-media username and password — helps increase fundraising.
- Women are more likely than men to fundraise and donate on Facebook.
- 12 percent of traffic to fundraising and donation pages comes from mobile devices.
In the whitepaper, Artez provided three ways to improve peer-to-peer fundraising events with Facebook:
- Make social login options prominent.
- Create social-media toolkits.
- Track your metrics.
For more on peer-to-peer fundraising, join FundRaising Success' brand-new event, Engage P2P: Redefining Peer-to-Peer Fundraising.
We have a full of day educational sessions centered on peer-to-peer fundraising, including a keynote from Special Olympics' Marty Coelho; general sessions on retaining and converting P2P donors and understanding data analytics on P2P campaigns; smaller breakout sessions; case studies from Girl Up and St. Baldrick's Foundation; and a closing keynote on takeaways.
The event takes place Oct. 21 in Washington, D.C., and will take a holistic view of peer-to-peer fundraising. You can get more information here and register here. Use the promo code "FSNEWS" to register. We look forward to seeing you there!