Publishers Clearing House
Let us take a moment to recognize the Gordie Howe of direct-mail fundraising techniques, the humble, venerable involvement device. Involvement devices have been tested in so many variations and under so many circumstances that their effectiveness is a generally accepted fact.
Publishers Clearing House (PCH) announced the launch of the second charitable giving program called “The Give Back.” First launched in 2011, “The Give Back” is a charity-based Facebook campaign where the fans are put in control. From Oct. 9 through Nov. 5, fans of the PCH Fan Page on Facebook will have the opportunity to vote once a day for one of three charities: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the ASPCA (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). In the end, over $100,000 will be awarded: $50,000 to the first-place charity, and $35,000 and $25,000 to the second and third place charities respectively.
The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation announced the winners of the 2011 DMEF Collegiate ECHO Direct/Interactive Marketing Challenge, whose content was provided by charity: water, an international nonprofit that provides clean drinking water to communities worldwide that are deprived of access.
The winners of the DMEF’s 2011 Collegiate ECHO Challenge are:
• Gold (1st place)/Undergraduate: Christopher Newport University
• Gold (1st place)/Graduate: Eastern Michigan University
• Silver (2nd place)/Undergraduate: Oklahoma State University
• Silver (2nd place)/Graduate: Eastern Michigan University
• Bronze (3rd Place)/Undergraduate: Indiana University- South Bend
• Bronze (3rd Place)/Graduate: CUNY Baruch College