Why Corporations Invest in Cause Marketing/Corporate Philanthropy
Having an impact on critical issues in the No. 1 reason that corporations invest in philanthropic or socially responsible activities according to a new study, "Why Corporations Invest in Corporate Social Responsibility," by public relations firm Weber Shandwick.
Further, nearly 80 percent of executives say they fund nonprofits as part of their corporate social responsibility (CSR), and 73 percent say nonprofits bring expertise that helps their social programs thrive.
Other key findings from the study include:
- 25 percent of executives say they fund CSR endeavors to see an organization's values in action.
- 72 percent say nonprofits make their CSR investment more effective.
- 73 percent say nonprofits provide a critical foundation and infrastructure.
- 71 percent say nonprofits help engage customers.
- 94 percent of respondents say strong and vocal support from senior management is key to the success of CSR initiatives.
- 80 percent say that focus on a specific issue or area is important.
To view the full report, click here.