Web 2.0 and Social Networking Survey
Reprinted from TechSoup.
This follows a survey the groups published in March, called Web 2.0 & Social Networking Nonprofit Survey. That survey found:
* Respondents were optimistic about the value of social networking technologies to “organize an event” and “spread news” about the organization.
* Respondents were less optimistic about the prospects of social networking technologies to help raise significant monetary or goods donations for their organization.
* Respondents indicated that “web traffic” was the most prominent value they have gained through use of various technologies. Other specific gains were harder to quantify.
* Respondents indicated that a successful social networking technology integration strategy would include the following elements:
1. Know your options, get informed, learn from others
a. What you want to accomplish, and why you should use technologies
b. An appropriate fit between the strengths of a particular technology and your organization’s mission
3. Indicate reasonable, realistic metrics and measures for success
4. Develop organizational support and personnel
5. Launch, evaluate, reiterate, repeat.