Walter P. Chrysler Museum Launches New Web Site at New Web Address
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., May 13, 2009 — The Walter P. Chrysler Museum has launched a bold, new Web site, providing easy online access to the Museum's programs and exhibitions, as well as Chrysler heritage, with a new Web address: www.wpchryslermuseum.org.
The new .org URL reflects the Museum's status as an independent 501 (c)(3) nonprofit public charity. As the Walter P. Chrysler Museum Foundation, the Museum continues its long-standing mission of preserving Chrysler's rich history and educating the community about that legacy, as well as the automobile's impact on American culture.
The mission is handsomely reflected within the online pages of the Museum's new site. The home page welcomes visitors with regularly-changing exhibit/event, vehicle and gift shop merchandise features - currently spotlighting the Museum's 4th annual summer Cruise Night series, the temporary Jeep(R) in the Movies exhibit and the 1928 Chrysler Model 72 LeMans Racer.
Additional highlights of the Web site:
* Simple navigation - including "Need it Fast?" and "Quick Links" on every page - placing all site content within a few clicks of the mouse.
* An enhanced content management system for continuously updated text and images.
* A comprehensive calendar of events and an extensive car club and automotive attractions listing.
* Expanded photo galleries spotlighting the Museum's public and private events.
* Bold banner images - many shots highlighting iconic Chrysler vehicles.
* Detailed information about the Museum's gift shop, as well as the membership, donor, sponsorship, education, facility rental, group tour and volunteer programs.
* Comprehensive corporate history featuring the people, the brands and the products that have shaped Chrysler's heritage.
* A link for media featuring background materials and news releases.
* Easy access to the company's archival staff to research owner and service manuals, photographs and vehicle production numbers and build records.
The www.wpchryslermuseum.org address replaces the Museum's previous www.chryslerheritage.com URL, though visitors logging on via the former address will be rerouted to the new site for a period of time.
Located in Auburn Hills, Mich., the 55,000-square-foot Walter P. Chrysler Museum features three stories of more than 70 antique, custom and concept vehicles interspersed with interactive displays and historical exhibits, as well as a movie theater and gift shop.
The Walter P. Chrysler Museum Foundation is a nonprofit public charity described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Internal Revenue Service granted the Museum tax exempt status, effective February 1, 2008, the date of incorporation.
The Museum relies on income from admissions, our gift shop, facility rentals and programs. The Walter P. Chrysler Museum Foundation accepts monetary donations and all contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent provided by law.
The Museum gratefully acknowledges the support of The Chrysler Foundation.
SOURCE Walter P. Chrysler Museum