Today's Featured Blog Posts
Five things we learned at the IFC
"Chuck Longfield, Blackbaud's chief scientist, has a job where he can crunch millions of numbers from a huge range of charities. If a question pops into his head, it doesn't take him long to find the answer. In his session, Chuck shared some of his findings which included the following juicy nuggets …
- If someone calls you to change their address they are TEN times more likely to leave you a legacy (or upgrade, or set up a regular gift or anything else you might ask them to do).
- Donors who tend to give uncommon amounts (e.g. £32) are much easier to upgrade than those who give common amounts (e.g. £25).
- Donors get hooked on giving amounts. After 4 years they are 80% more likely to stick to their preferred amount rather than increase their gift (rising to 90% after 5 years).
- Calling a donor to thank them (whether you speak to them or just leave a message on the answer phone) can increase their next year's gift value by up to 40%.
- Misspelling someone's last name can decrease gift size by up to 12%."
Click here to read the full post.
How to Make Your Next Ask Practically Irresistible
"Asking can be an energizing, happy experience, or it can be a deadening, awful experience. It's all in your planning and your mind set. Focus on impact, opportunity, vision and excitement. And then celebrate your donor when she says yes!" Click here to read the full post.