Senators Dole and Daschle Announce 2012 Caring Award Winners
Press release (Oct. 22, 2012) — Senators Bob Dole and Tom Daschle, co-chairs of the Caring Institute, announced the 2012 Caring Award winners. These six amazing adults and six extraordinary youths are being acknowledged for their efforts to give back to society. They will be commemorated at the Caring Awards Ceremony at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., on Oct. 24., where they will be inducted into the Caring Hall of Fame.
"On behalf of our board of trustees, it is a great honor for us to pay tribute to these extraordinary people who have used their lives for the betterment of others," said Senator Dole. "They are wonderful role models who inspire us to be the best we can be," added Senator Daschle.
2012 Caring Award Adult Winners include:
- Wynona Ward, President, Have Justice Will Travel of Vershire, VT, who provides free legal service to low income women and children who are experiencing domestic abuse;
- Linda Smith, Founder and President, Shared Hope International of Vancouver, Washington, this former Congressional Representative is working to shut down child sex trafficking in the US;
- Amy Palmer, COO, Operation Homefront, San Antonio, Texas, as a disabled veteran, military spouse and mother, Amy started organizing volunteers after 9/11 to provide critical assistance to the families of newly deployed service members;
- Bruce Charash, Founder, Doc 2 Dock, New York City, NY, is medical doctor that wanted to use the thousands of tons of unused medical supplies that are thrown away daily in the US, to save lives in other countries; and
- Most Reverend Bishop Jean Marie, Fraternite Notre Dame, Chicago, Illinois, who started the Fraternite Notre Dame, an order devoted to charity and brotherly love after seeing a vision of the Virgin Mary.
2012 Annual Caring Award Young Adult Winners include: