Meet Our 2014 Editorial Advisors
More about Ellen:
- Fundraising philosophy: Be honest.
- Best fundraising advice: Don’t cut prospecting.
- Best life advice: From my grandmother, “Keep your feet warm.”
- Heroes: First responders because they are first responders.
- Personal motto: Be honest.
- My life in six words: Fabulous 50s, joyful heart, fierce fundraiser.
VP, consumer marketing and fundraising, American Red Cross
Jennifer and her team develop strategies and implement programs to maximize individual giving at the American Red Cross. Through direct mail, online digital engagement and phone marketing channels, the team seeks to acquire new donors, deepen relationships with existing donors and optimize long-term donor value. Based in New York; London; Frankfurt, Germany; and Singapore, Jennifer has managed marketing teams globally to drive results in new product development, payment technology innovation and luxury travel.
More about Jennifer:
- Fundraising philosophy: It’s all about talking to the right donor, at the right time, with the right message, in the right channel.
- Best fundraising advice: Remember, as a fundraiser, you’re giving someone the chance to make a difference to a cause he or she cares about with a financial donation, so don’t be shy!
- Best life advice: Act like a duck. Be calm and graceful above the water, and paddle like crazy below!
- Heroes: I admire those who roll up their sleeves to truly make a positive difference in this world, whether that is with one person or for thousands.
- Personal motto: Bloom where you’re planted.
- My life in six words: This is not a dress rehearsal!
Senior VP, direct marketing and donor care, The Humane Society of the United States
Geoff oversees fundraising via direct mail, online, telemarketing and DRTV, as well as the organization’s in-bound donor services team. Geoff previously led HSUS’ online advocacy and fundraising program, which contributed to dozens of major victories for animals and brought in more than $50 million online. Geoff was recognized by FS as one of its 2006 “Top Fundraisers Under 40” for his work in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.