Meet Our 2014 Editorial Advisors
More about Frank:
- Fundraising philosophy: Love people. Not money.
- Best fundraising advice: Love your work and educate.
- Best life advice: Consider others better than yourself.
- Heroes: My wife. My mom.
- Personal motto: Bring it!
- My life in six words: I have triplet 2-year-old boys.
VP, direct marketing, Easter Seals
Jennifer is responsible for the oversight of a national direct-response marketing program generating $40 million annually through the production of 45 million pieces of direct mail, telemarketing and online direct-response initiatives. Her industry recognition includes the 2002 Direct Marketing Association Nonprofit of the Year Award and 2006 Nonprofit Times Top Fundraiser of the Year. Jennifer has served on industry boards including the DMA Nonprofit Federation Advisory Council and the Alliance of Nonprofit Mailers.
More about Jennifer:
- Fundraising philosophy: Always be true to your brand and mission, be ethical in all your dealings, and never forget the donor.
- Best fundraising advice: The only way to truly innovate is to fail.
- Best life advice: Make time for the things that are important.
- Heroes: My parents. They taught me the value of hard work, always encouraged me to try new things, and showed me that to be truly rich in life all you need is the love of your family and to be surrounded by friends.
- Personal motto: You only have one life to live, so live it to the fullest.
- My life in six words: Nonstop tempo, abundantly blessed, joyful parenting.
Ellen Cobb Church
CEO and a principal at Craver, Mathews, Smith & Co.
Ellen joined CMS as an account executive in 1997, was appointed president and CEO in 2006, and was delighted when Roger Craver sold the agency to her and Jenn Mercer in 2008. Ellen is happily married to Jeff and has two adult sons, Adam and Clark, a sweet dog Gracie, and a soulful “grand-dog” Bear. She is on the advisory board of the Centreville Immigration Forum in Centreville, Va., and has a long history of raising her hand and volunteering herself, her family members and her company for just about anything.