V to the Tenth!
• V-Day is a demand: Rape, incest, battery, genital mutilation and sex slavery must end now.
• V-Day is a spirit: We believe women should spend their lives creating and thriving rather than surviving or recovering from terrible atrocities.
• V-Day is a catalyst: By raising money and consciousness, it will unify and strengthen existing anti-violence efforts. Triggering far-reaching awareness, it will lay the groundwork for new educational, protective and legislative endeavors throughout the world.
• V-Day is a process: We will work as long as it takes. We will not stop until the violence stops.
• V-Day is a day. We proclaim Valentine’s Day as V-Day, to celebrate women and end the violence.
• V-Day is a fierce, wild, and unstoppable movement and community.
- People Magazine