Engage Conference Spotlight: 30 Ideas for Fundraising Success in 2011 and Beyond, Part 2
On April 10, FundRaising Success is hosting its second annual Engage Conference. Engage is the only case-study-focused fundraising conference focusing on the keys to success from organizations that have successfully made the leap from just-getting-by nonprofits to powerhouse organizations. Leading up to Engage, we will be highlighting content from the participating organizations and speakers that we've published over the years.
The DMA Nonprofit Federation's 2011 Washington Nonprofit Conference wrapped up day one with Jennifer Bielat, vice president of direct marketing at Easter Seals, joining four other fundraising professionals to present "30 Ideas for Fundraising Success in 2011 and Beyond." Here are ideas 11-20 (view the first 10 here):
- Invest in stewardship.
- Coordinate mail and online.
- Recruit monthly donors by phone.
- Send handwritten mail to new $10-plus donors.
- Develop a unique giving site.
- Implement cross-channel marketing.
- Invest in new markets and programs.
- Place monthly donor upgrade calls.
- Drop acquisition names based on contact frequency.
- Invest in social media.
Bielat will facilitate the retention roundtables at the second annual Engage Conference.