E-Mail No-Nos to Avoid
Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter LinkedIn LinkedIn Email Email 0 Comments Comments
“If you don’t subscribe to Media Post or Uncle Roger’s Agitator blog, then perhaps you haven’t read the latest from Silverpop’s Loren McDonald. Read on and find out what Loren says are the biggest email design & marketing mistakes to avoid!
1. Making it difficult to unsubscribe.
2. No ‘welcome’ message and/or waiting weeks to send the first message.
3. Over mailing.
4. Using a large single image as the core of your email.
5. Not using alt tags.
6. Relying on graphical links.
7. Not having a preference center.
8. Not designing for the preview pane.
9. Using a person’s name in the ‘from’ line.
10. Hiding email registration.”
— July 29, “Getting It Right With E-mails” posted by Sue Woodward on her Sue’s Muse blog.