Donor Giving Trends for Today and Tomorrow, Part 4
- “Social media is clearly here to stay and will be a fundraising tool,” he said, “but don’t forget about proven basics of what’s working online today — driving traffic to the website, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, ads.” Pay attention to new techniques, but don’t abandon what works.
- Build a great fundraising website, and then market it.
- Make e-mail a priority. Use it carefully and strategically, tapping every legitimate technique to build your list.
- Keep an eye on what’s working online, and be nimble. Stay abreast of new things and keep testing, Lynch said.
- Go where your donors are.