DMFA Announces 2013 Package of the Year Award Winners
Press release (June 24, 2013) — The Direct Marketing Fundraisers Association (DMFA) announced the winners of its Package of the Year Awards, showcasing nonprofits' best direct-mail and e-mail fundraising efforts.
The Package of the Year Awards were designed to showcase the best direct-mail packages and have grown to include e-mail as well. Members of the DMFA gathered last week to pick the winning creative based on design, response and amount of dollars raised. This year the overall winner was a tie!
Winners will be honored at a special luncheon in New York City on Sept. 25, 2013, where they will share their stories on how the creative was developed and implemented.
"What I love about this event is that not every package wins the beauty contest, but they all win the numbers contest. It is always interesting to see what wins.," said Valerie Vierengel, incoming president of the DMFA. "We offer our congratulations to all of the winners."
Winners included the following:
Renewal Category and overall winners:
- Food Bank for New York City, agency partner is LW Robbins (Tie)
- Project Renewal, agency partner is Tripi Consulting (Tie)
- Runner-up: Texas Children's Foundation, agency partner is Infogroup
- Winner: International Rescue Committee, agency partner is Eidolon Communications
- Runner-up: Friends of the Highline, agency partner is MKDM
- Winner: Covenant House, agency partners are Tom Gaffny Consulting and Wilson & Associates
- Runner-up: The Salvation Army Metropolitan Division, agency partner is Grizzard Communications Group
- Winner: Covenant House, agency partner is SankyNet
- Runner-up: African Wildlife Foundation, agency partner is SankyNet
This year more than 130 individuals attended the judging event, and one member from each company voted on 32 entries. You can find out more about the entries by watching the Package of the Year awards video. For a more detailed description of the award winners, please visit: www.dmfa.org/awards.