DMA Nonprofit Federation Announces New Fundraising Principles
- The leading source for nonprofit marketing and fundraising professional education and industry advancement.
- The premier agent for improving public awareness and receptivity to direct and interactive market driven philanthropy.
- An aggressive and effective advocate for charitable organizations in postal, regulatory, legislative, and accountability issues at the federal, state and local levels.
- The 'top brand' among all associations and advocacy groups working on behalf of nonprofits that utilize direct and interactive marketing to communicate with donors, members, and the public.
- One of the largest member segments of the Direct Marketing Association with nearly 400 members.
The Nonprofit Federation's full-time staff is located in Washington, DC, and is supplemented by the resources and professional staff of the DMA and outside legal counsel. For questions or comments, contact DMANF General Counsel Senny Boone at SBoone@the-dma.org, or Membership & Communications Director Alicia Osgood at AOsgood@the-dma.org. See www.nonprofitfederation.org to learn more.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association is the world's largest trade association dedicated to advancing and protecting responsible data-driven marketing. Founded in 1917, DMA represents thousands of companies and nonprofit organizations that use and support data-driven marketing practices and techniques.
In 2012, marketers —commercial and nonprofit — spent $168.5 billion on direct marketing, which accounts for 52.7 percent of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures generated approximately $2.05 trillion in incremental sales. In 2012, direct marketing accounted for 8.7 percent of total US gross domestic product and produces1.3 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly support 7.9 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 9.2 million US jobs.