45 Easy Ways to Cultivate High-Value Donors
38. Attend your donors’ events, such as office holiday open houses or the new branch ribbon cuttings. You expect them to attend your events.
39. Promptly follow up on their inquiries.
40. If you work for a university or school, send the school newsletter occasionally.
41. Send handwritten notes to people you normally only exchange e-mails with.
42. Ask your donors to tell you their stories about your cause.
43. Bring donors along to the airport to pick up celebrities and other special guests for your events.
44. If the organization is given an award, invite donors to attend the award ceremony.
45. Send a thank-you note for no reason that says, “I was watching the kids on the playground, and I thought about how you made it happen. Thank you for your support of the youth center.”