27 Keys to Monthly Giving Program Success, Part 4 (20-27)
- Phone typically works best to win them back.
- Be open to criticism.
- Little surveys work — find out why they really left!
- Sustainers are willing to come back.
26. Try to get overall management commitment
"It makes your life a lot easier when everybody is going in the same direction," Waasdorp said.
27. If all fundraisers focus on sustainers, all nonprofits will benefit
The more familiar donors are with monthly giving programs, the more comfortable they will be with them, Waasdorp said. So it's incumbent upon fundraisers to educate donors that monthly giving is possible, available and easy for them; nonprofits are careful with their personal information; and it's really advantageous for the mission of the organization and the cause it supports.