2012 FundRaising Success Editorial Advisory Board Unveiled
Members of the Editorial Advisory Board serve as a sounding board for the magazine’s content and how it’s presented to readers. The exclusive group of fundraising professionals is selected by the magazine’s editorial staff, led by Editor-in-Chief Margaret Battistelli Gardner and Senior Editor Joe Boland.
In order to serve readers in the fundraising sector in an even greater capacity, FundRaising Success has reshuffled its board with some of the industry's best and brightest minds — both from the agency and nonprofit organization sides. For the first time, the FundRaising Success board will be steered by a pair of co-chairs — Dane Grams, director of nonprofit services at Care2, and Jo Sullivan, acting chief operating officer at USA for UNHCR — both of whom have been on the board for the past five years.
"Of course, I have been proud to be affiliated with Fundraising Success over the last five years — and to help contribute to making it one of the best publications in the nonprofit world. But the truth is, I have also gained so much from both my involvement and being a regular reader of the magazine and online content — it has truly shaped who I am as a professional fundraiser," Grams said.
“I have always turned to Fundraising Success for advice, what’s the next big thing and to hear from industry leaders. The print publication and Web presence are a wealth of information for fundraisers new to the field and all the veterans of the industry," added Sullivan. "I was honored five years ago when I was asked to join the Editorial Advisory Board and am proud to still be a part of this critical resource in our industry.”
Grams and Sullivan will help FundRaising Success engage more than ever with its Editorial Advisors in 2012, allowing the editorial staff to provide the most relevant, timely and important content to professional fundraisers everywhere with the help of their wealth of knowledge and expertise.
Joining Grams and Sullivan are:
- Katya Andresen (returning), chief strategy officer, Network for Good
- Tom Harrison (returning), president and CEO, Russ Reid
- Pamela Barden, founder and president, PJ Barden Inc.
- Roger Craver, founder, DonorTrends and TheAgitator.net
- Duke Haddad, senior director of philanthropy, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Christina Johns, director of new media, International Fellowship of Christians & Jews
- Jeff Jowdy, founder and president, Lighthouse Counsel
- Steve Kehrli, development director, PETA Foundation
- Kivi Leroux Miller, president, Nonprofit Marketing Guide
- Marc Pitman, founder, FundraisingCoach.com
- Nancy Schwartz, president, Nancy Schwartz & Co.
“FundRaising Success is an essential guide for development professionals. I look forward to being part of the editorial process of what makes it such a valuable tool for me and my colleagues,” Jowdy said.
FundRaising Success, founded in 2003, is a practical guide for nonprofit organizations. Its mission is to provide nonprofits with the most useful and pertinent information, strategies and expert advice to help them generate the necessary fundraising revenue to fulfill their missions. FundRaising Success is published monthly by North American Publishing Co.