10 Principles for Successful Peer-to-Peer Fundraising, Part 2
9. Promote and integrate
For optimal results, integrate your campaign into all aspects and channels of promotion:
- Website and social media.
- Campaign link-in e-mail signature.
- Campaign link=in marketing materials.
- Bloggers and influencers.
- Offline events.
10. Choose the right technology
Technology amplifies the impact of peer-to-peer fundraising, so selecting the right technology for your campaign is important. You want your fundraisers to be able to use it easily and share the message quickly. Use these factors to select the proper technology:
- Budget. How much can I spend on fundraising? Is there a risk in making this purchase?
- Branding. Are my branding and messaging preserved? Will they be lost in the technology?
- Resources. Will the technology take expertise to operate? How much time can we spare?
- Support base. Do we have a support base that can be engaged in fundraising? Are our supporters communicating and comfortable online?
- Fundraising culture. How do we generate our revenues? Do we focus on individuals?
Again, the keys are ease of use and proper functionality, balanced against your budget. You want technology that allows your fundraisers to garner donations easily on your behalf and a way to track that. The easier it is for people to use and share, the more money they'll raise on your behalf.