10 Principles for Successful Peer-to-Peer Fundraising, Part 1
Emotive/one idea: Help create a safe home by creating your fundraising page today.
5. Focus on relationships
Make your appeal personal by providing detailed, personal accounts from your supporters. That's what makes peer-to-peer fundraising so effective. A personal appeal on your behalf from supporters gives your charity credibility and garners donations.
Personal appeals should:
- State the purpose. Describe the campaign or nonprofit clearly, and note what action you want the reader to take.
- Make it personal. Write to your personality, and fill it with passion.
- Show your gratitude. Show people you appreciate their support.
- Call to action. Tell people the one thing (or two) you want them to do.
- Be concise. Messages that are 175 to 225 words work the best.
- Use events. Have a birthday coming up? Is the holiday season close by? Instead of asking for gifts, ask for donations to your cause.
Check back next week for principles six through 10.