NPP P2P Power Session Spotlight: Susan G. Komen Greater NYC
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. While we all should be more cognizant of how breast cancer affects those who are diagnosed with it and their family and friends, it’s easy to get lost in our own daily lives.
According to the Susan G. Komen Greater NYC breast cancer is one of the most common cancers among women in the U.S.—accounting for 29 percent of newly diagnosed cancers. It’s diagnosed in one in eight women in her lifetime, and there are more than three million survivors of breast cancer in the U.S. Although this is a significant amount of survivors in the U.S., breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer and leading cause of cancer death in women throughout the world.
Susan G. Komen Greater NYC dedicates 80 percent of its grant funding on innovative programs to provide patient navigation/case management for screening and treatment, and support programs to provide crucial support services. The remaining 20 percent is dedicated to funding education and outreach programs that directly link women to screening, according to the organization’s website. With Susan G. Komen Greater NYC’s Race for the Cure, the organization strives to fundraise for local breast health programs and research to find treatment for breast cancer.
Learn more about Susan G. Komen Greater NYC’s Race for the Cure, come join us at the NonProfit PRO Peer-to-Peer Conference, where the organization’s CEO Linda M. Tantawi and Director of Marketing and Communications Devon Ott will share a case study of the organization’s renowned campaign.
Here’s what you will takeaway from the presentation:
- Freshen your event
- Corporate teams need more
- Collaboration adds bottom line
- Digital marketing matters
This one-of-a-kind event is happening on Nov. 9 in the historic city of Washington, D.C. Hear from some of the most inspiring thought leaders in the nonprofit sector, as they discuss the challenges facing the peer-to-peer realm today.